Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"Beyond the Sky" Chapter 4

Chapter 4

           When I walked through the front door I was stunned. Stunned at the expensive furniture that filled the room with a feeling of wealth. Stunned at how much they probably cost. Stunned at the immaculately polished marble floors. "Mom!" I said in shock, my mouth gaping open. "Your room is up the stairs on the left. Next to Lindsay's" she informed me, handing me my backpack. "Go and set up." she suddenly snapped. "I'm going to make some Iced Tea for us." she said coolly walking away from me towards the kitchen and refreshments bar. I rolled my eyes and made my way up the stairs. My eyes focused on the framed pictures that hung on the wall. There was a girl who I assumed was Lindsay. It was a professionally taken picture of her jumping up and spiking a volleyball.  Then another picture of a boy that was taken behind him. He was mimicking the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio De Janeiro, he had black hair and was wearing a beat up leather jacket. I recognized him from somewhere. I kept walking up the stairs, running my hands along the black cherry railing.
               When I reached the top of the stairs, a friendly golden retriever puppy greeted me with a wagging tail and a bark. "Hi" I said, bending down to scratch behind it's ears. "What's your name?" I asked, flipping over the sterling silver name tag "JADIA"."Okay Jadia, I have to go settle into my room but I'll probably see you later." I said, giving her one final pat. I stood up and went into the guest room, and threw my backpack down on the luxury white comforter. I set up my face wash, acne treatment, and makeup bag on the granite vanity top in the bathroom, looking at the Jacuzzi/shower/hot tub thing that sat in the corner with luxury Swedish imported  soaps and body washes. I rolled my eyes at the whole set up, it was so overrated and ridiculously expensive (or so it seems) it looked like the bottles had been sitting there for a while and had been refilled with dollar tree body wash numerous times. Something smelled fishy and it wasn't the dog food.

**This was all I could write for today!**

No comments:

Post a Comment