Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer Essentials!

OMG I am so sorry, I completely forgot about this whole blog! I'm going to be posting a lot of stuff, because I don't have to share the computer with my mom anymore. I've had a crazzzzzy summer, how about you guys? You should post comments, I would absolutely love to hear from you! 338 pageviews, thanks so much! Well now to what I really wanted to post. Summer Essentials! I'm taking a super long road trip up to Maine this year (14 hours) so I've made a list of stuff I need to have in the car:
Comfort:
Pillows
Blankets
Stuffed animals (I love my pillowpet!)

Audio:
Phone, charger
Camera,charger
Laptop,charger*
*You can get a set of outlets that will plug into the cigarette lighter. So you can charge it without buying a separate car charger
Portable wifi, charger
(I have portable wifi, we just set it up on the dashboard and everyone in the car is covered with internet for the ride!)
Headphones (I have super cute white and pink ones!)
Earbuds
Portable DVD player
(If your computer doesn't have a CD Rom)
Tons of movies!
(I hit the $5 dollar bins at Walmart, and save to watch them on our trip. I've found: Easy A, Mean Girls, Bride Wars, Ted, The Hangover (series), Legally Blonde, etc)

Tips for dealing with Cranky Passengers:

I have a little brother, and he can get super cranky. I read that music helps so I downloaded a bunch of upbeat Kids Songs. Just click on his personal playlist, slip on his headphones (he has kid friendly ones) and let him rock away!
Elderly People, if they are cranky. Suggest a nap and give up a pillow and a blanket so their comfy.

Tips for having a Smooth Ride:
My car had third row seating, so I set that up and line the entire row with pillow and blankets. I get extention cords and plug in all my devices. I have a ton of snacks, candy and soda. Two more lists to go... Food and Magazines and Such!

Food:
Pringles (get three or four cans)
Bags of Doritos
Bags of Potato Chips
Bags of Cheetos
Bags of Smartfood Popcorn
~Candy~
M&M's
Twizzlers
Skittles
Kit Kats
Snickers
3 Musketeers
Milky Way
Gummy Bears
Gummy Worms
~Soda~
Pepsi
Coke
Sprite
Fanta
Mountain Dew
Crush
Root Beer
Brisk

Magazines and Such:
Tip:I buy like three magazines and wait to read them until I get in the car
Magazines (Seventeen, Vogue, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Beat (those frilly popstar oriented ones -.-)
Books (Pretty Little Liars, Hunger Games, Think Twice, Twilight, The Clique (you'll laugh out loud with these) since I'm dorky, I get SAT Prep ones at the Library.
Sketch Pad, Colored Pencils, Markers
Notebook, to document your Road Trip
Earplugs (when you have to recharge and take a nap but your family is screaming and going crazy)

I have to get up at 3 am to leave to go to Maine in a week! Those are my helpful tips on how to survive a RoadTrip. If you have ideas, comments, questions or something to add, just comment!

xoxoxox-
Gretchen


No comments:

Post a Comment